[CDBI] Fwd: find_or_create() barfs with constraints

Aaron Turner aturner at musecurity.com
Wed Aug 3 02:52:06 BST 2005

The exact error I get is:

DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique
constraint "variant_type.name_suite"
[for Statement "INSERT INTO mucore.variant_type (name, suite_typeid,
variant_typeid)
VALUES (?, ?, ?)
" with ParamValues: 2='3', 1='invalid-length', 3='11'] at /usr/lib/
perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/DBIx/ContextualFetch.pm line 51, <DIGEST> line
559.

The issue here of course is that variant_type.name_suite is a unique
key on the suite_typeid and name columns, which is what I pass to
find_or_create().  The variant_type table has a separate PK/sequence
(variant_typeid).

It appears to be that find_or_create() isn't finding the record, and
is then trying to re-insert it.

--
Aaron Turner, Sr. Security Engineer
<aturner at musecurity.com>