[CDBI] Fwd: find_or_create() barfs with constraints

Ricardo SIGNES rjbs-perl-cdbi at lists.manxome.org
Wed Aug 3 16:16:05 BST 2005

* Johnny Morano <jmorano at moretrix.com> [2005-08-03T06:14:40]
> Isn't the primary key supposed always to be unique?
>
> [...]
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong of course ;-)

You're right, but off-point.  The question was about unique keys that
aren't the primary key, not a primary key that isn't unique.

I might have a Kings of England database with three columns: monarchid,
name, sequence.  monarchid is the primary id and must be unique, and
then I could further specify that (name, sequence) form a unique index,
apart from the primary key.  So, you can't have two Edward the Firsts.

--
rjbs