[CDBI] Pruning Class::DBI objects from memory that are no longer needed

IvorW i2ia-14dq at xemaps.com
Thu Aug 11 16:16:01 BST 2005

I have had a complaint from one of my Unix admins about a long running process with a large memory footprint.

This is a perl script which trawls a very large database (>200000 rows on the main table + many subsidiary tables).

Is there any way of letting go of the objects completely when I definitely know that I have finished with them? Going out of scope does not seem sufficient. They seem to be being cached indefinitely.

I could revert to a DBI + SQL approach, but I quite like the object structure I now have.

I can follow up with posting code if I need to.

Ivor.