[CDBI] Connection with a fixed "where" clause.

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Aug 22 22:17:15 BST 2005

>>>>> "Karl" == Karl Moens <Karl.Moens at marsh.com> writes:

Karl> Is it possible to have a class with a fixed "where" clause?

Karl>  (it would be like
Karl> some sort of "VIEW" on the database, but the version of MySQL I'm using
Karl> doesn't support VIEWs yet).

I had a similar requirement from $client, where based on an application
value, "cancelled" records were either "included" or "excluded".

I tried to work at it by horsing around with the SQL generation,
and finally just punted, happily to using VIEWs because I was using
a *real* database (postgresql).

You might consider that MySQL is definitely not the optimum choice any
more.