[CDBI] Modperl setup

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Tue Dec 6 04:07:26 GMT 2005

On Dec 5, 2005, at 7:25 PM, Kate Yoak wrote:

> I am experiencing the problem which seems to be related to value
> caching.
> $foo->value, when changed, appears to go back to original on some page
> loads, obtaining the new value on others.  I can verify that the
> value in
> the database is new.  If I restart apache, the new value is obtained.
[...]
> PerlCleanupHandler Class::DBI::clear_object_index appears to
> resolve the
> problem completely.

You most likely have an accidental closure or in some other way you
are holding a reference to the data somewhere.   If the reference
count never goes to 0 it doesn't go out of the object cache
automatically.

http://wiki.class-dbi.com/wiki/Common_problems - search for "After
updating a record, the changes do not appear".

:-)

  - ask

--
http://askask.com/  - http://develooper.com/