[CDBI] has_many relationships and order_by

Dan Rowles d.rowles at outcometechnologies.com
Wed Dec 14 19:49:48 GMT 2005

Hi there,

I've encountered a problem with has_many relationships in Class::DBI,
after upgrading from 0.96 to 3.0.12. Once upon a time, calling:-

     my $iter = $object->children({order_by => "name"})

where "children" is a "has_many" relationship would work nicely, and you
would get a list/iterator back which would contain your data, all nicely
sorted.

Now, however, I get an error stating that:-
     "order_by is not a column of Person"

I'm just wondering if this has been changed on purpose, or whether to
report it as a bug. I can send a test case (using DBD::SQLite2) if needed.

Note - I know that you can specify an "order_by" clause when you set up
the relationship - however that is not sufficient to solve my problem :)

Thanks,

--
Dan Rowles
Outcome Technologies

_________________________________

t: +44 (0)207 656 2460
f: +44 (0)709 230 6588
m: +44 (0)798 076 8143
e: d.rowles at outcometechnologies.com
w: http://www.outcometechnologies.com
BUPA House
15-19 Bloomsbury Way
London WC1A 2BA

***This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you receive this message in error, please return it to the
sender.***