[CDBI] Inheriting relationships in IsA

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 21:22:22 BST 2005

Hi all,

I'm working on the Class::DBI::Relationship::IsA code and am wondering
how best to inherit relationships.

I can already discover the has_a and has_many relationships of both
parent class and child class.

The problem is injecting any relationships inherited from the parent
into the child class (already have code to avoid duplicating
relationships).
I initially thought I could just call has_a and has_many on the child
class, but then I would have to trick has_a and has_many to use the
right column in the parent.

Otherwise I have to  call the code called by has_a and has_many,
possibly rigging the aguments.. not trivial.

Any ideas or suggestions?

cheers,

A.