[CDBI] Obtain has_a Module Through find_column

Peter Speltz peterspeltz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 15:43:26 GMT 2005

On 11/8/05, Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 08:50:59AM -0600, Peter Speltz wrote:
> > Have you seen Class::DBI::FromCGI  or CGI::Untaint  (or
> > CGI::UntaintPatched  -- same but a little different behavior regarding
> > empty inputs) ?   While you are at it , check out Maypole
> > (maypole.perl.org) and Catalyst (catalyst.perl.org)  .   They are
> > frameworks  that use FromCGI / AsFrom type handling of forms.
>
> Also a few days ago:
>
> http://lists.rawmode.org/pipermail/catalyst/2005-November/002299.html
>
> --
> Bill Moseley
> moseley at hank.org

Yes. Sorry , I forgot to mention there are other mdules for Form
handling out there.  Class::DBI::FormBuilder  and FromForm and ect.
These  are more powerful and may be better platforms.  FormBuilder
notably is very powerful and does javascript validation for you if you
set it up.

 i use AsForm / FromCGI  style because i enjoy its simplicicty and use
it like CGI calling individual methods to get individual inputs.
( $class->_to_select()  -- select box of objects in this class,
$obj->_to_select -- object selected ,  $obj->_to_hidden  ,
$obj->to_select_from_many($has_many_accsr)
,  -- hidden input for object  , etc ,)
 and have hacked a lot of useful custom functionality.  AsForm has a
lot of potential but is currently unfinished and not developed. It
could use some serious developement and be real cool . Of course I
have not tried the others. Perhaps they blow it out of the water and
it is not worth developing further. Is there anyone who has used
various ones  that could comment?

cheers.