[CDBI] Obtain has_a Module Through find_column

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Tue Nov 8 16:05:23 GMT 2005

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 09:43:26AM -0600, Peter Speltz wrote:
> Yes. Sorry , I forgot to mention there are other mdules for Form
> handling out there.  Class::DBI::FormBuilder  and FromForm and ect.
> These  are more powerful and may be better platforms.  FormBuilder
> notably is very powerful and does javascript validation for you if you
> set it up.

I need to play with that a bit more.  I often felt that FormBuilder
did too much where I wanted more control.  I realize that much of that
can be done (like using TT for form generation).  Indeed, FormBuilder's
features are very enticing.

>  i use AsForm / FromCGI  style because i enjoy its simplicicty and use
> it like CGI calling individual methods to get individual inputs.
> ( $class->_to_select()  -- select box of objects in this class,
> $obj->_to_select -- object selected ,  $obj->_to_hidden  ,
> $obj->to_select_from_many($has_many_accsr)
> ,  -- hidden input for object  , etc ,)

The thing I like about Rose-HTML-Form is how the forms are off in
their own classes that inherit from Rose::HTML::Form (or in my case
Form::Model::CDBI which does the auto-populating of has_a and
many-to-many relations and knows how to update/create from the form).
So the forms easily overrides default behaviors and add extra
validation.  I struggled too much with DFV's constraints.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org