[CDBI] Patch to Class::DBI.pm to avoid warning on stringification

Ken Youens-Clark kyclark at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:15:47 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm getting the following error filling up my Apache logs:

Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /usr/local/lib/perl5/
site_perl/5.8.6/Class/DBI.pm line 47.

This happens on the stringification of classes.  The following patch
quiets things down:

$ diff DBI.pm.orig DBI.pm
47c47
<       return join "/", $self->get(@cols);
---
 >       return join "/", map { defined $_ ? $_ : '' } $self->get
(@cols);

Does that look reasonable?  I believe that this would need to be sent
directly to the maintainer as he doesn't follow this list (?), but I
wanted to run it by the list first to see if it looks like the best
solution.

ky