[CDBI] Class::DBI and DESTROY

Steven Mackenzie steven.mackenzie at aptile.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 17:10:05 GMT 2005

William Ross wrote:

> if I read this correctly, the more orthodox solution would be to

:-)

> include a 'writer' column in the CD (or more likely Genre) class and
> define a has_a relationship on that column that inflates to the
> appropriate Writer object and deflates back to whatever arbitrary tag
> you're using to identify it. Then you don't have to worry about
> uniqueness and destruction at all.

Neat. But in my case it would need to be a temporary column, as my
choice of writer might not actually be related to anything stored in the
DB.

Can I create a temporary column and inflate that with a has_a?

That sounds quicker than making another wrapper class ...

> .2p

2p well spent, thanks for that ...