[CDBI] Class::DBI::Untaint

Jay Hargreaves jay at rigadon.com
Tue Nov 15 10:58:29 GMT 2005

Hi all!

I have a web application that is using Class::DBI::Untaint to verify a
URL is indeed a URL (CGI::Untaint::url).

My problem is that the URL field is optional so sometimes the user will
not enter any information at all in this field. When they do this they
get the usual validate_column_values error!

Is there some way to make the validation optional - ie - to check the
URL for validity ONLY if the user has entered a value?

Thanks
Jay

P.S - Apologies if this should have been posted elsewhere but I was
unsure where else to post it?!?

--
bingo, bango, bosh...