[CDBI] CDBI >3.0.1 now /requires/ Clone.pm?

William Ross will at spanner.org
Wed Nov 16 18:10:39 GMT 2005

On 16 Nov 2005, at 17:35, Eamon Daly wrote:

> Please tell me I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to
> upgrade CDBI from 3.0.1 (CPAN) to 3.0.12 (tarball), but it
> seems to have Clone as a prerequisite. I'm using the stock
> RedHat 4 perl build which doesn't have weak references
> implemented. I ignored the "perl Makefile.PL" warning, but
> "make test" blew up entirely. Am I SOL?

Looks that way. You could override _extend_meta so that it doesn't
use Clone::clone, but you would still have to edit Class::DBI and the
installation would still be messy. But then it is anyway, at the moment.

A short-term solution would be to provide your own Clone.pm and use
it to call one of the alternatives if Clone.pm isn't available.

Or perhaps TB can be persuaded to use Clone::Any, which does exactly
that.

   http://search.cpan.org/~evo/Clone-Any/

best,

will