[CDBI] Class::DBI->_init called from Class::DBI->_insert

Andy Sanders Andy.Sanders at semantico.com
Tue Nov 22 10:06:14 GMT 2005

Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 17:21 +0000, Andy Sanders wrote:
>
>>Class::DBI->_insert calls Class::DBI->_init.  _init looks in the
>>Live_Object cache for an existing instance.
>

> It shouldn't find one.  You're creating a new object, so by definition
> it can't have the same primary key as an existing one.  If it does, your
> primary key is not defined correctly.

OK.  This is our situation:

1) We load the database (via Class::DBI).
2) We drop the database.
3) We create the database.
4) We try to insert an entry again.  Unfortunately, Class::DBI still has
the entry in its Live_Object cache from the first load.

Is there a way we can empty/reset the cache?

Thanks

Andy