[CDBI] pass in database name from application

Thomas Kwan (eTechfocus) thomask at etechfocus.com
Mon Oct 10 05:15:03 BST 2005

Hello there,

Is there anyone knows how to make a Class::DBI object
reuseable with multiple databases within the same
process?

For example, I want to build a User class that extends
Class::DBI. Then, I want to read a User object from
database A and a User object from database B, using
the same User class ideally. Then, I want to compare
them.

How can I build reuseable DBI object API without hardcoding
the database name, user id, password, table name in
the class?

thanks