[CDBI] Re: New wiki site

Edward J. Sabol sabol at alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 12 00:57:09 BST 2005

Simon Wilcox writes:
> Thanks for the various proddings folks. A shiny new wiki is available for
> your pleasure at http://cdbi.dcmanaged.com/

Cool! Thanks, Simon!

> Yes, I know it's php but it's robust & fit for purpose and that's what I'm
> most interested in.

MediaWiki rules. No complaints here. The discussion nodes alone are worth the
switch.

> I imagine that once we've moved all the content we want, we can move
> the wiki.class-dbi.com hostname over.

I would hope so! I'd hate to see the Class::DBI wiki at some URL other than
wiki.class-dbi.com.

> I'm a leetle bit busy for the next few days so I'm going to have to rely
> on you lot to help move the content over, sorry about that but at least
> the wiki framework is there.

It would be a lot nicer if we could set up some automated way of transferring
the old wiki nodes to the new wiki, otherwise there'll be some node somewhere
that is missed. Are there any automated wiki migration tools in existence?

The new wiki also needs a Class::DBI logo.... The current logo says, "Set
$wgLogo to the URL path to your own logo image." I seem to recall there used
to be some CDBI logos and/or banners on www.class-dbi.com a long time ago,
but they now seem to be lost. Google doesn't seem to turn up any of the ones
I remember. Anyone want to try their hand at a CDBI logo for the new wiki?

Later,
Ed