[CDBI] Re: DBD::DBM

Ryan Tate lists at ryantate.com
Thu Oct 13 18:04:37 BST 2005

On 10/12/05, Ryan Tate <lists at ryantate.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience working with Class::DBI on top of
> DBD::DBM? How'd it go?

I tried this and it was basically a blind alley. I don't know of any
troubles working with DBD::DBM and Class::DBI, but it appears DBD::DBM
in MLDBM mode expects only arrayrefs as values, not hashrefs. As such:

$Tied_hash{ '2' } = [ $val1, $val2 ]

Which it makes it totally unsuitables for my purposes, as all my data is like :

$Tied_hash{ '2' } = { key => $val, key2 => $val2 };

... which I think is actually _much_ more common in the wild than
arrayrefs. Anyway, DBD::DBM is young yet, so  maybe this will change
in the future.

RT