[CDBI] uniqueness of objects in memory??

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Mon Oct 24 17:12:28 BST 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 20:32 -0700, Phil Mitchell wrote:
> 1. User has_a Prefs object; User->Prefs->home_page equals X
> 2. Prefs gets updated with new data; Prefs->home_page equals Y
> 3. But User->Prefs->home_page still equals X.

Here are some possible reasons:
1. You are using an older Class::DBI that doesn't support this feature
but looking at docs for a later version.
2. Your Perl doesn't support weak references.  I think the docs explain
how to check this.
3. Your primary key for this class is defined incorrectly, so these
objects do not appear the same to Class::DBI.
4. Something in the particular sequence of actions you're doing has
uncovered a bug.  In that case, simmering it down to a small test case,
would make it easier for people to help you with it.