[CDBI] uniqueness of objects in memory??

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Mon Oct 24 20:52:51 BST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 12:35 -0700, Phil Mitchell wrote:
> ==Not sure how to do this in a meaningful way. This is a typical web
> app (on Catalyst) ... so is distributed across MVC. I'll think more
> about this...

The typical thing would be to write a tiny test script that performs the
minimal calls to these classes in order to show the error.  If there's a
bug probably depends on a specific sequence of actions, so there's not
much hope of fixing it if you can't provide the sequence that causes it.

> I didn't realize this was that unusual -- I thought CDBI was set up to
> support inheritance within the model.

I've never seen anything explicit about CDBI supporting that, and it's a
very unusual configuration from what I've seen.  As Chris Laco points
out though, it seems to be working for some people.

> There's a very simple workaround to this particular issue. But does it
> suggest to you that something's hairily wrong?

Well, personally, I always turn off this feature.  You don't really need
it.  It would be nice to find the problem though.