[CDBI] Re: uniqueness of objects in memory??

Edward J. Sabol sabol at alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 24 21:03:19 BST 2005

Perrin wrote:
> All good guesses, but none of them apply here.  If you load an object of
> the same class with the same primary key twice, both references should
> point to the same object, so you should see changes in both places with
> no update() calls needed.

That's very true, but I guess I'm not yet convinced that's exactly what Phil
is doing/experiencing though, seeing as how we haven't actually seen his code
and can't say for certain. What he's describing sure sounds symptomatic of
the classic "I forgot to call update() or dbi_commit()" problem to me.