[CDBI] objects not updated in memory

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Thu Oct 27 17:47:45 BST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 16:42 +0200, Patrik Wallstrom wrote:
> That is not the problem here. Btw, why should I not store (serialize?)
> CDBI-objects outside of the app?

Phil answered this.  (Thanks!)

> MySQL 5.0.15. It might be the isolation level, which is quite
> disturbing if it is. I must test this right now...

The default isolation level in MySQL InnoDB tables prevents a process
from seeing ANY changes made since the last commit in this process.
That means that if your mod_perl process has been sitting around waiting
for requests for half an hour, it can't see anything that has happened
during that time until you issue a commit in that process.  The fix is
to switch to a more reasonable isolation level.

I wrote this problem up here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/databases.html#Transactions_Not_Committed_with_MySQL_InnoDB_Tables