[CDBI] Re: after_set_$col and after_create

Edward J. Sabol sabol at alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 27 18:39:35 BST 2005

Perrin wrote:
> It amounts to having to write two completely separate methods, since
> most of the code is going to be handling the different ways of
> getting the data. That's what bothered me about it. Class::DBI should
> be able to offer a uniform API for transforming data on a column when
> it gets set.

I think I read in one of recent v3.0.x Changes file that Tony has plans to
revamp the trigger stuff soon, so you might get your wish. It would be nice
if Tony were to share his plans with us in this regard, but I guess that's
not going to happen. Perhaps someone could e-mail him about this and then
paraphrase any response you get from Tony on this mailing list.