[CDBI] IsA wiping out the my base search

Peter Speltz peterspeltz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 13:50:39 GMT 2005

Hi.   I have a base class search method that  i want to be called
first by my sub classes and then have the IsA search method be next in
inheritance tree.   Currently when the Isa relationship sets itself
up, it overwrites the search method of the base cllass.   In other
words,  so the Isa search is just one level higher than CDBI in the
call order.

So i want

SubClass ->search  () # calls base search

SubClass->SUPER::search  ( ) # calls IsA search

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this ? Relationship methods are
injected like so :

foreach my $method (keys %methods) {
        *{"$class\::$method"} = $methods{$method};
}

I tried redifining search after the IsA setup.  That did not work.  I
do not really understand why.  Should that work?

thanks

--
pjs