[CDBI] How to retrieve meta information from database: not null, default, ...?

Alex Aminoff alex at basespace.net
Mon Sep 12 15:27:46 BST 2005

I would like to have access to more info from the database. I am using
Class::DBI::Loader. I would like to know if a given column is "NOT NULL",
and its default value in the schema. There is other information available
from "DESC <table>" or "SHOW TABLE STATUS" which might be nice to have
tucked away somewhere in the data structure.

Is there some sort of plugin that does this?

 - Alex Aminoff
   BaseSpace.net