[CDBI] mysql connections

Thomas Klausner domm at zsi.at
Thu Sep 22 12:40:03 BST 2005

Hi!

Sorry to bring up this issue again, but I'm not sure what the current state
of affairs is regarding this issue:

I have a rather big CDBI based application runnning on a server I have
nearly no access rights to. The sysadmins complain that the app is using to
much connections to the MySQL DB.

It's a fairly standard CDBI setup running with mod_perl and Apache::DBI.

Do I need to add a custom db_Main method as described here
  http://wiki.class-dbi.com/index.cgi?UsingWithModPerl
to get the mysql connection numbers down?

Or are there any other ways to properly share one connection to mysql in all
Apache children?

Is it in fact advisable to share one connection?

Thanks!

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                               http://domm.zsi.at