[CDBI] Wierd internal column swapping ?

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Thu Sep 29 15:30:19 BST 2005

Richard.Foley at t-online.de wrote:
> I have some very wierd behaviour going on using Class::DBI.  Columns
> appear to be being swapped internally, which is seriously screwing our
> application up.  Now I may be missing something obvious here, of course,
> but here is the basic scenario:

>  __PACKAGE__->has_a(enabled      =>     qw(Att::EnabledDisabled));
>  __PACKAGE__->has_a(shared  =>  qw(Att::YesNo));

Since these 2 appear to be swapping what do these packages look like? It
appears as if they are referencing the other's table.

Does this problem happen all the time or just occassionally?

>     'shared' => bless( {
>                       'name' => 'ENABLED'
>                     }, 'Att::YesNo' ),

>     'enabled' => bless( {
>                        'name' => 'YES'
>                      }, 'Att::EnabledDisabled' )
> }, 'Att::Task' );

So C::D is picking the right class for the relationship expansion, but
the classes themselves are getting the wrong values.

--
Michael Peters
Developer