[CDBI] Oracle Adaptor

Eric Just e-just at northwestern.edu
Wed Apr 5 18:06:14 BST 2006

Hi,

I have written code for the Oracle Class::DBI adaptor.  Specifically, you
can not find data in a CLOB column using the '=' operator.  I added some
code to track CLOB columns and write the query in a different way (using
LIKE) when the where clause contains a CLOB column.    Does anyone maintain
this package at the moment?  If so, would you kindly review my changes for
possible incorporation into the production driver?

Also, I have written a general method called 'get_single_row' which
basically passes off the arguments to 'search' but dies if more than one
record is returned.   I was wondering if this method or something of that
ilk would be worth including in the Class::DBI methods.

Thanks for a great product, we rely heavily on this code and it does a
great job.

Eric

Eric Just
e-just at northwestern.edu