[CDBI] Re: Transaction over parent and children has_a objects

Peter Speltz peterspeltz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 18:29:58 BST 2006

On 4/7/06, Perrin Harkins <perrin at elem.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 09:42 -0500, Peter Speltz wrote:
> > Is this a memory leak?
>
> No.  What I suggest you do is try to get a situation where it fails
> every time, and then start taking things out until it either works or
> you have a small test that you can share.  I'm still guessing that
> $class->dbi_commit and $class->db_Main are not hitting the same database
> connection.

That will take some time . :) I'll try to isolate it sometime.  There
were so many variables. I was not overriding dbMain anywhere that i
found.  Things i did in past two days --

1) Not load my modules at startup.
2) Not use Class::DBI::Loader to setup the classes.
3)  Manually set db in each class -- did it with Class::DBI::mysql
like so at top of each class like this:

use base 'Base::Model_Class';
__PACKAGE__->set_db('Main', $dsn, $usr, $pw);
__PACKAGE__->set_up_table($table);

thanks.

--
pjs