[CDBI] Re: latest greatest Class::DBI::Relationship::IsA?

Peter Speltz peterspeltz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 05:31:17 BST 2006

On 4/26/06, Edward J. Sabol <sabol at alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov> wrote:
> George Hartzell wrote:
> > That same message mentioned that there is a devlopment version of C...IsA
> > that matches CDBI 3.0.14. Is that true? Where might I find it?
>
> I think you're referring to Peter Speltz's e-mail from February 24th? If so,
> his dev version was attached to that e-mail, so just check the mailing list
> archives or contact him directly.

Indeed. Just encountered an IsA feature/bug today and thought of
fellow users.  If you cant dig up the file, i can email it tomorrow.
Soorry I have not uploaded it to cpan .  Im in a race with my boss who
is using PHP and i do not wish to lose. I am always following list and
happy to help anyone and appreciate any feedback or help.

Now on to this feature/bug/caveat .  IsA does not support the set
accessor.  IE -- you say $class->set(%data) and any isa inherited cols
are silently ignored.  This from what i can tell is because isa makes
individual high level methods for the columns but no low level methods
which set uses ( ie attribute_store).

I think this may be a bug.  One possibe solution is to add some
"after_set_$column" triggers which set invokes.  Another may be to
override set. But this may cause issues. Anyone have any suggestions
or thoughts? Today, i jut used high level accessrs in a for loop as
workaround until i figure out what to do.

George, another thing you may bonk your head on is IsA may trump
ClassDBI Sweet's search method.  I think i fixed that and will check
tomorrow to make sure.

cheers