[CDBI] Committing on delete

Nick Peters np1 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Apr 27 13:46:32 BST 2006

Hi,  I'm sorry about having to ask such a basic question.

I'm trying to add transactions to my database.  I have been able to
commit insertions and edit records but I really can't work out how to
commit deletions.

Trying update or dbi_commit  on the object I have just deleted gives me
the error "Can't locate object method "x" via package
"Class::DBI::Object::Has::Been::Deleted" which I can understand as I'm
trying to call it on an object I have just deleted but I can't work out
how I am meant to commit the change.

I've been looking in the docs but can't seem to see an example of
transactions that involves a deletion.  I apologise if this has already
been covered somewhere.

Nick