[CDBI] column case sensitivity (Pg)

Sam Tregar sam at tregar.com
Tue Aug 22 21:02:42 BST 2006

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Matt S Trout wrote:

> This is entirely true, but I can't really see the point of new
> development in Class::DBI at this point.

That's fine.  I can't see the point of new development in Mason. Do
you think the Mason community would appreciate it if I jumped on their
mailing-list and started answering questions about minor fixes with
suggestions to use CGI::Application instead?  I find your constant
attempts to push DBIx::Class on this list to be in similarly poor
taste.

> Tony and I chatted and came to the conclusion Class::DBI was
> basically unrefactorable

I don't think Class::DBI needs to be refactored to let mixed-case
column names work!  I think there's plenty of room for small-scale
improvements in the code.  Your response would make more sense if his
suggested change had been several orders of magnitude larger.

> So I did. The result now has a dozen active contributors and a
> vastly more active community, so I guess by at least some metrics we
> succeeded :)

Congratulations?

-sam