[CDBI] Many-to-Many - why no CDBI::Relationship?

Ryan Tate lists at ryantate.com
Wed Aug 23 00:51:18 BST 2006

On 8/22/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> you'll run into all sorts of nasty corner cases and places where you have to
> fight the underlying code

All I want is the exact same many-to-many functionality CDBI provides
now, but with JOINs, so I don't have to keep going back to the
database to fully populate the objects. This would cover a great many
cases.

The thing with corner cases if that I don't mind coding custom SQL for
them. But I've reached the point with many-to-many that if I have to
code that custom one more time, I am going to start hissing at the
screen ;->

What I like (still) about CDBI is that it doesn't try to handle every
kind of query I could conceivably want to do on the database, which
makes it very very simple to learn and use. Maybe I'll outgrow that
some day, and realize what you mean about the corner cases...

For now I'm going to check out HasManyOrdered the next time I need this...