[CDBI] Many-to-Many - why no CDBI::Relationship?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Aug 23 17:46:59 BST 2006

Ryan Tate wrote:
> On 8/22/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
>> you'll run into all sorts of nasty corner cases and places where you
>> have to
>> fight the underlying code
>
> All I want is the exact same many-to-many functionality CDBI provides
> now, but with JOINs, so I don't have to keep going back to the
> database to fully populate the objects. This would cover a great many
> cases.
 >
> For now I'm going to check out HasManyOrdered the next time I need this...

You'll find there's a Big Obvious Comment in the source to by HasManyToMany
crediting HasManyOrdered; it was basically a "derive, cleanup, dump features I
don't need and add a couple of bits and pieces I do" job.

I'd suggest having a poke at both, and if you decide my version *does* merit
being on CPAN I'd be happy to help with any cleanup and packaging work required.