[CDBI] column case sensitivity (Pg)

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Aug 23 18:34:14 BST 2006

Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 17:44 +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
>
>> Finally, my offer to help anybody wanting to port DBIC features to CDBI
>> to further extend CDBI's capabilities has been open and the offer still
>> stands; I believe Perrin has done so in internal code for his $dbh
>> management
>>

> That code was just a patch to Ima::DBI that Sam and I wrote.  I posted
> it to the mailing list at one point.  I did look at the DBIx::Class
> handle management code at some point afterward though, to see if it was
> doing anything that we should copy.
Misremembered there then, sorry. The thing is, most people who say
"actually, yes, I'd like to steal feature X" tend to mail me back a
couple weeks later saying "never mind, I decided to switch instead". I
do kinda consider this a shame; I'm sure there are a lot of useful bits
and pieces in the DBIC codebase that could be fairly trivially bolted
onto CDBI for the enjoyment of its users.