[CDBI] Re: construct sucks.

Ryan Tate lists at ryantate.com
Mon Aug 28 19:22:09 BST 2006

On 8/27/06, Perrin Harkins <perrin at elem.com> wrote:
>You could check to see if the keys have
> been changed before writing the new data to the object, although this
> will slow it down.

Interesting issue, I hadn't thought of that.

Would it be appropriate to "die" in such a case (where the code is
being asked to "construct" an object in a manner that overwrites
changed columns that have not been saved to the database)? I would
think so, since it seems like accidental sort of behavior, not
something anyone would have good reason to do.