[CDBI] Re: intruding warnings from active statement handle

Edward J. Sabol sabol at alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Dec 20 17:46:59 GMT 2006

> when inserting more than one record into a table with
>
> my::modul->insert(\%data);
>
> I get the following warnings.
>
> prepare_cached(INSERT INTO test (one, two, three) VALUES (?, ?, ?)  )
> statement handle DBIx::ContextualFetch::st=HASH(0x12f104) still Active
> at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Ima/DBI.pm line 381
>
> db driver is DBD::SQLite 1.13 and Class::DBI is 3.16.
>
> Records are indeed inserted in the table.
>
> I'd like to get rid of the warnings. Is there a solution?

It's a bug in DBD::SQLite. This really doesn't have anything to do with CDBI,
except that standard CDBI usage triggers the bug. Someone filed a bug for it
in the CPAN RT, but it doesn't appear as though the author has responded.
Perhaps he could use some help in isolating the bug to a DBD::SQLite test
case?

Personally, I would recommend downgrading DBD::SQLite to version 1.12, as
suggested by the bug reporter.

Hope this helps,
Ed