[CDBI] Class::DBI::Loader::mysql error

Alexander Solla alex.solla at reed.edu
Fri Feb 3 21:15:59 GMT 2006

Hi everybody,

I'm having a heck of a time figuring out why

perl -e 'use Class::DBI::Loader::mysql'

fails with "Can't locate object method "set_sql" via package
"Class::DBI::mysql" at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Class/DBI/
mysql.pm line 58.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/
Class/DBI/Loader/mysql.pm line 8."

Obviously, this error isn't a "natural" error.  I'm trying to install
a Catalyst CDBI module and an eval fails with the same error.  So I
poked around the code, found the eval, and noticed that it was
equivalent to 'use Class::DBI::Loader::mysql'.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Alex