[CDBI] Re: Error deleting object with has_many instances

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 8 12:14:21 GMT 2006

Peter Speltz wrote:
>  I had installed the  SVN version of Maypole which changed its
> "delete"  method in the model class. I had forgotten that Maypole
> Model CDBI has a delete method.  That pesky"delete" method was redone
> and failed on  deletes made from a cascade but worked when there was
> no cascade.
>
> I always forget about those poorly named methods. I dont even know how
> to call Class::DBI 's delete. :)  What would that be
> $self->SUPER->SUPER::delete?  I'm cutting that method out of my copy
> Maypole::Model::CDBI.pm

That's why I (and Dave B, I think) renamed Maypole's 'delete' action to
'do_delete' :)  Saves a lot of aggro.

But the Maypole delete is supposed to automatically call the Class::DBI
delete instead unless it's actually called as an action. It does that
through an evil hack as it starts. Is the SVN version broken?

Cheers, Dave