[CDBI] Errors with CDBI

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Feb 9 17:17:30 GMT 2006


On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 10:59:53AM -0600, Ken Youens-Clark wrote:
> CDBI'ers:
> 
> I've started really using Class::DBI (3.0.14) on a development server  
> at work and have been proselytizing my cow-orkers to convert.  It's  
> mostly going very well, but it appears that CDBI errors occasionally  
> take down our Apache server.  Specifically, since I added the use of  
> CDBI classes to this one CGI script, Apache has been locking up at  
> least once or twice a day.  When I look in the error logs just after  
> this happens, I see errors like the following:
> 
> >Subroutine Gramene::CDBI::Literature::retrieve_all redefined at / 
> >usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Class/DBI/Plugin/RetrieveAll.pm  
> >line 88.

That looks like something's re-require-ing your CDBI classes (Apache::Reload,
Module::Refresh or similar), which invariably explodes everywhere in my
experience.

I have reports that DBIx::Class doesn't suffer from this, but I have no
idea why :)

-- 
     Matt S Trout       Offering custom development, consultancy and support
  Technical Director    contracts for Catalyst, DBIx::Class and BAST. Contact
Shadowcat Systems Ltd.  mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk for more information

 + Help us build a better perl ORM: http://dbix-class.shadowcatsystems.co.uk/ +




More information about the ClassDBI mailing list