[CDBI] How do you get the raw db value of a column rather than inflated object

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Sat Feb 11 17:56:05 GMT 2006

Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 06:57:32AM -0600, Peter Speltz wrote:
>
>>I want the value in my has_a column and not the object.  How do i do this.
>

>     $object->my_column->id

The downside to this approach is that if you just want the id (which you already
 know since it's a column in $object's table) you can't juse use it. You have to
create a second object (which may require a trip to the database). In a tight
loop, this could cause some performance problems.

--
Michael Peters
Developer