[CDBI] How do you get the raw db value of a column rather than inflated object

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Feb 13 17:14:10 GMT 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 09:37:00AM -0600, Peter Speltz wrote:
> > I'm curious.  Why do you need the raw column value in addition to the
> > inflated value?
> >

> dont need it in addition.  I just need the raw value to edit. The
> routine that  makes inputs for editting is setting  stringified
> objects as the values for the input boxes rather than the actual  raw
> column value.

I have quit using Stringify.  Perhaps for that reason, I can't
remember.  But, I do remember it getting in the way when I didn't want
it to.

> You can see how this is trouble when you want to edit a
> datetime and end up with "Tues Nov. 3, 1998" in the input box.

As ugly as it is, I use DateTime::Format::DateManip so that is
basically how my date input fields look -- although I include the
time.  "First Monday in March" is a valid input date. :)

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org