[CDBI] Bug in object index not resolved

William Ross will at spanner.org
Tue Feb 21 17:05:06 GMT 2006

On 21 Feb 2006, at 14:35, Edmund von der Burg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> a while back I posted a test script (attached) that showed up a bug in
> the object index that means that a new row whose PK comes from a
> sequence is not added to the index correctly, although this may only
> affect users of postgres. In the thread that followed a solution came
> to light that fixes this problem in 3.0.12:
>
>        # Line 578 or so of Class/DBI.pm 3.0.14
>
>        # now that we have a complete primary key, add this to the
>        # object index
>        if ( $Weaken_Is_Available ) {
>          $self = $class->_init( $self );
>        }
>

> Could this fix be added to the next release. Currently it very
> difficult to work with CDBI and new objects, especially in tests where
> you create one, change it and then find that it does not work.

The only way to change cdbi is to talk to Tony Bowden directly. He
doesn't take part in (or see) this discussion. The best way to do
that is to make a bug report at rt.cpan.org:

	http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Report.html?Queue=class-Dbi

I've found that he's very responsive to bug reports, especially if
they come with patches.

best,

will