[CDBI] Worknig on Class::DBI::Relationship::IsA

Peter Speltz peterspeltz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 23:58:48 GMT 2006

On 2/23/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 12:04:42PM -0600, Peter Speltz wrote:
> > Hi all. I am co maintaining CDBI::Rel::IsA with Teejay.   I'm
> > currently working on it to upload a version today.  I'm a month or two
> > behind but expect that. I have a couple questions.
> >
> > 1) How to Handle  CDBI Frozen vs Not Frozen versions.  I am thinking
> > that *EVEN* versions numbers on IsA will be compatible with the CDBI
> > Frozen and Odd numbers with later releases.   ?  Is this a good or bad
> > idea? Any better ideas?
>
> if ($INC{'Class/DBI/Frozen/301.pm'}) {
>   require "Class::DBI::Relationship::Isa::Frozen";
> } else {
>   require "Class::DBI::Relationship::Isa::Latest";
> }
>
> and have those files stuff the Class::DBI::Relationship::Isa package
> appropriately?
>
> Not dissimilar to the way the RT_Overlay stuff works, or indeed Frozen itself.
>
> --
>      Matt S Trout       Offering custom development, consultancy and support
>   Technical Director    contracts for Catalyst, DBIx::Class and BAST. Contact
> Shadowcat Systems Ltd.  mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk for more information
>
>  + Help us build a better perl ORM: http://dbix-class.shadowcatsystems.co.uk/ +

Thanks. Not bad idea. Our plan (not one above but Aarons) works until
a new stable cdbi release comes out. Then people will have to do a
little more work to use the previous stable version. I think this is
ok though since stable CDBI's do not come out very often and you can
require particular versions.

So i think we will go with aarons plan about keeping up with
developement CDBI in developement versions of IsA.  Sound OK?

--
pjs