[CDBI] Class::DBI maintainer/userbase issues?

Peter Leonard pete at peteleonard.com
Mon Feb 27 18:41:30 GMT 2006

Hi All,

So I've dabbled with Class::DBI on past projects, and I'm planning on
using it with a new project that I'm putting together here.  While doing
some additional homework, I came across the Class::DBI::Frozen::301
package on CPAN, started reading, and started getting nervous.  I've
spent a bunch of time on the wiki, and on the mailing lists, but the
split hinted at in the above module was news to me.

My question is this (and I'm hoping to not start a flamewar here):

What's the deal?  What's the current situation with Class::DBI
development and the user/developer-base?  If you were about to embark on
a large, brand-new project, would you base it on the latest Class::DBI
(currently 3.0.14), or stay with 3.01?  Is there a reason for concern
here?  (Noting that in the past, rapidly-revised packages have been a
major pain - thinking about Class::MethodMaker between v1 and v2.)

Apologies if I'm picking at a sore spot,

	--pete