[CDBI] Does Class::DBI require hash-based objects?

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Tue Jan 3 21:05:03 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 20:23 +0000, Steven Mackenzie wrote:
> My current app uses POE everywhere it might have needed threads -
> luckily someone told me to do that before I started coding!

Doesn't that mean that your app has to sit and wait whenever you do a
Class::DBI query?  I don't think Class::DBI is compatible with any of
the POE DBI extensions.

> Does CDBI use any threads internally?

No.  It is not guaranteed to be thread-safe though.

http://www.cpanforum.com/posts/1316

> Actually, I'm running on Windows XP, so there may be a whole
> can of worms with Perl threads anyway.

There will be if you want to use a threaded server, like mod_perl 2 with
threads.