[CDBI] Does Class::DBI require hash-based objects?

Steven Mackenzie steven.mackenzie at aptile.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 16:09:37 GMT 2006

Perrin Harkins wrote:

>On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 20:23 +0000, Steven Mackenzie wrote:
>

>>My current app uses POE everywhere it might have needed threads -
>>luckily someone told me to do that before I started coding!
>>

>Doesn't that mean that your app has to sit and wait whenever you do a
>Class::DBI query?  I don't think Class::DBI is compatible with any of
>the POE DBI extensions.

My app accesses web content and web services. Those are the parts that
benefit from POE, CDBI is fast enough for me.

Matt Trout/Perrin Harkins wrote:

> > > WARNING: using the refaddr value as the inside-out key is *not* threadsafe.

> > Is there a reference that you can point me at regarding the
threading problems?

>http://www.cpanforum.com/posts/1316

Thanks for that link -- very interesting. It actually says that
Class::Std is not threadsafe, but some clusty.com research says that
actually refaddr() is currently broken for shared attributes (Perl 5.8.7):