[CDBI] Disabling %Live_Objects; creating a cache

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Fri Jan 13 01:46:49 GMT 2006

On Jan 12, 2006, at 5:09 PM, Rick Welykochy wrote:

> I have written caching systems for web-based DB app before (not using
> Class::DBI). Web apps are often ideal candidates for caching: usually
> lots and lots of readonly data, and the data are very shortlived.

I think what Perrin said was that doing caching in the object<->db
mapper layer (usually) is too much work for too little gain.  (I have
the slides from my "Real World Web Scalability" talk at http://
develooper.com/talks/ - there are a few slides about caching starting
on slide 13).

  - ask

--
http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/