[CDBI] accessor_name broken

William Ross will at spanner.org
Fri Jan 13 11:56:23 GMT 2006

On 13 Jan 2006, at 02:28, Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> accessor_name broke in 3.0.7 (IIRC).  I made a patch for it, but
> Tony is having trouble making it work (and I can't make it not work).
>
> It would be helpful if someone else could put eyes on it and try it
> out.
>
> 	http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=16154

I had to retab your (second) patch before it would apply, but apart
from that there was no problem: all tests passed (on a fresh download
of 3.0.13), and no noticeable problems in any application. I'm not in
the habit of changing the accessor name, so I can't say that the fix
worked, but I'm sure that's not what you're asking.

there was a discussion about this quite a while ago, by the way. if
you need a short-term fix, you can just say:

   *mutator_name_for = \&accessor_name_for;

more (but not very conclusive) at www.spanner.org/lists/cdbi/
2005/11/04/41214d06.html

best,

will