[CDBI] Missing TEMP data

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Fri Jan 13 18:31:09 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 09:27 -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Still, wish I could make it happen.  It happens when no objects have
> been updated -- and I would have thought that doing a retrieve on an
> row and then having that same row selected in my count() that would
> trigger the problem.

It will, as long as the original retrieve doesn't go out of scope.  If
it goes out of scope, it won't be in the object index.

> The advantage of the way I'm doing it is that I can generate paged
> views of the records and it's easy to sort by the count column in the
> select.  Plus, it's one trip to the database for the entire table I
> need to display.

I can see that there are helpful things about it, but it clashes with
the "one row == one object" nature of Class::DBI.  The whole TEMP column
thing is pretty questionable in my opinion, and doesn't really fit in
with the rest of the system.