[CDBI] Class::DBI vs DBIx::Class

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Jan 17 01:18:20 GMT 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 10:59:34AM +1030, David Lloyd wrote:

> DBIx::Class claims it's better than Class::DBI but I'm not sure why and
> haven't found a place that gives a reasonable comparison - does anyone
> know of one?

Siracusa and I worked out one for DBIx::Class vs. Rose::DB::Object -

http://lists.rawmode.org/pipermail/catalyst/2005-December/003183.html

although it's a little out of date. Also it's probably worth looking at

http://www.spanner.org/lists/cdbi/2005/07/25/b9f7cc4c.html

which appears to be as much of an archive of the original announce thread as
I can easily find.

If nobody's going to kill me for advocacy I'd be happy to work with the
list on one - maybe if we aggregate them together we can sort out a joint
"ORM comparison guide" between the three communities or similar.